By Lyndsay W. (Bacon Brothers niece )
This recipe is one of our all-time family favorites. It's a pleasure for Mom and me to share it with the extended Bacon Brothers Timber family!
(This recipe makes about 6 ½ dozen cookies)
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoons vanilla
2 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
Currant or cherry jelly
1. Cream butter; add sugar gradually; beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract.
2. Blend in flour and salt; let dough chill.
3. When chilled, roll dough 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface.
4. With 1 ¾ inch round cookie cutter, cut the dough.
5. In half of the cookies, cut a smaller hole in the center.
6. Place cookies on lightly greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. When done, let cookies cool.
8. Dip the cookies with the hole in the center in powdered sugar.
9. On the bottom of the cookies without the holes, spread jelly while making sure to place more jelly toward the center of the cookie.
10. Cover the jellied cookies with the powdered cookies.
Serve and enjoy!